Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Final Year Project


It's done! Submitted the Hard-covered and bound copy last week to the department. Couldn't resist taking a picture of myself with my year's worth of effort!

So what exactly did i do?

I did a bibliometric analysis of the Service Industries Journal, with a period of study between 1993 and 2009. Firstly i conducted citation analysis and co-citation analysis, and then represented the results in Network Diagrams. The idea is to gain a better understanding of the Service Industry Research as a whole through the study of the oldest academic journal in the domain. I was able to identify the most influential journals, authors, and ideas within service research. On top of that, the network diagram analysis helped me to find distinct knowledge domains.

I have no idea how my FYP is going to be relevant to me after this.. but i'm just glad i'm over it.. Whoo hoo!

No comments: