Saturday, October 18, 2008

Biodata (Blogpost #6)

Hi i'm Liang Fu, a son to wonderful parents, a brother to lovely siblings, a boyfriend to an amazing girl and a friend to faithful friends. I feel truly blessed by the people i have met and the experiences i have been through these 23 years.

I believe in the proper stewardship of gifts that God has given, and i am thankful for the leadership opportunities i've had. It is an honour to have served as Captain of the St Andrew's Rugby Team and Head of Welfare of the Student Council. In addition, military experiences such as being Company 2nd-in-command during NS have also built up a confidence and responsibility in me.

I enjoy working with youths. Meeting, mentoring and learning from the young people in my church's Youth Ministry every week has enriched my life so much. I also love marvelling at the beauty of nature, travelling to experience different cultures, sharing good food with good friends, as well as singing and playing the guitar. I am reminded to seize every day, to have a drive and passion towards life.

Being an Industrial and Systems Engineering Undergraduate, i hope to be equipped with skills and competencies that will go beyond my career aspirations.

7 comments:

Desmond said...

Hello Liang Fu!

Thanks for the honest post.

Although I have not interacted much with you, I have the impression that you are the typical 'nice' and sincere guy. Indeed, what I am able to take-away from your post is 'sincerity'.

Of course, your experiences are very well-balanced, and I am sure that it helps in the shaping of you into an all-rounded individual.

Cya in class on Monday!

cheers,

desmond

Gwen said...

Hey! I agree with Desmond you are sincere and honest :)

I think it is very enriching to be so involved in church. Mentoring the little kids seem fun!

Good luck !

Kheng Aik said...

Hah, I have interacted quite some time with you and I would say your biodata certainly does give a fairly accurate and good impression of you.

Here's to hoping you achieve your heart's desire in the future.

Chun Siang said...

yes, i am agree with kheng aik also ^^

cheers and see you around!

Joycee said...

Heyhey! I kinda enjoy your post! Is really quite an honest reflection of yourself.. In fact based on what I know and see in class, I can tell that you're a true, responsible and overall, wonderful person! Glad to have known you. Smiles! :)

Brad Blackstone said...

This is well done, Liang Fu, being detailed and informative. It would be a bit too colloquial though as a job bio, but would work well as a personal statement for a study abroad application or any other social application.

Thanks!

Wong Liang Fu said...

-> Brad
Yes Brad i admit this sounds a little informal. Having said that, i didn't realise this Biodata was meant for a job application! =)

-> Gwen
YUP! Mentoring the kids must be one of the most fulfilling things i've done my whole life. I've been with them since they were pri 6 and i thank God for the transformation in their lives. =)

-> Desmond
Haha thanks for the compliment. Sincere is a nice word to have someone describe you.

->Kheng Aik & Jacky
You guys have been cool! I have 2 more Malaysian friends. hahah

-> Joyce
You have been a wonderful group mate as well haha. Thanks for the compliments!