Friday, November 7, 2008

Final Reflection (Blog Post #7)

After the nasty break up, Jerry took a long hard look at himself, and realised that he has so many shortcomings. The most glaring of which is his inability to communicate well with others. Fortunately he is also a self motivated individual, and driven by his frustrations, decided to sign up for ES2007S the next semester. Time fly by and he picked up many skills and gained self awareness and confidence. The last time i heard, his ES2007S classmate is having a crush on him! =)

Taking this course has further reinforced my beliefs about how bridges can be built and doors can be opened through communication. I've had the pleasure of working with a wonderful project group and being in an enthusiastic class! Thank you everyone! I certainly look forward to coming to class every monday and thursday.

I believe i have benefitted most from the Resume/Interview sessions. I'll hold on to these skills for life! I also enjoyed learning about interacting with different people using different techniques, such as observing non-verbal cues. I must admit, that this course is rather tedious! Given that assesment in this course is based on so many components, i must say that i have encountered some difficulty juggling all the work (with other modules). But in all, i have gained much from all the interaction and coursework.

I would also like to point out that many blog entries by my classmates have inspired me and encouraged me, and showed me many different perspectives. I'm also very glad to have the opportunity to learn from Brad, certainly a passionate and unorthodox lecturer.

Thanks everyone once again for a experience taking ES2007S. All the best for the quiz!

9 comments:

Gwen said...

From what you had reflected, you seemed to have gained much from the course! Brad would be very happy!

Anyway, good luck for the upcoming presentation!

Chun Siang said...

I appreciate for your guidance during the project that we were working together to achieve the same common goal.

Blessing you for your coming SEP and hope to see more beautiful pictures from your facebook.

Keep touch, buddy !

Benjamin Ng said...

Hey Liang Fu, Jerry sounds like a class poster-boy for the ES2007S coordinators. I totally agree that this module has been really tiring, though the lesson that we have come away with will last us a long time. The time and effort spent on producing a good resume and cover letter can be considered investments seeing as many of us will be applying for jobs and internships soon. I have definitely enjoyed your clear and articulate writing. Well done!

Kheng Aik said...

I would agree on the tedious part. I would also agree on the beneficial part. In fact, I would agree with pretty much everything in this post. In fact, the phrase that comes immediately to mind would be "strengthened by the trial of fire?" :)

It has been a great pleasure working with you as well.

2D 2012 said...

Hi Liang Fu (:

I liked the way you write your reflection, having a short story "ending" as your introductory paragraph.

I enjoyed learning to write the resume and cover letter as well. In fact, it was my very first time writing a resume and I was exposed to many different formats and ways of writing resumes.

I share the same sentiments as you do. " looking forward to class every monday and thursday".

Somehow or rather, I aint too looking forward for tomorrow's class cos it is our last one :(

Wong Liang Fu said...

Thank you everyone!

Lets give ourselves a small round of applause for a job well done this semester!

Trust that we all had fun even though the course was truly tedious!

yilei said...

Hi I too feel that I benefited most from the resume/job application letter as it is really applicable and useful yet I have not had a chance to be exposed to it before.

Through some of the group work, I find you are really nice to work with. And you did well in the interview. :D

Joycee said...

Hey! I definitely agree with you about this course being very tedious! Having to write and comment on other ppl's blogs like I'm doing right now! However, is because of this that I really learnt alot during the process and not to forget getting to know all of u wonderful ppl taking this class!

Hope you'll apply your communication skills to good use especially when u go to Finland!

Take care and bon voyage! I shall open a facebook account soon so tt u can add me! Haha, then we can keep in touch.. hee. See ya!

Brad Blackstone said...

Thank you, Liang Fu, for your creative response to this blog post and to the demanding work throughout the term. I realize that you have been a key member of a very dynamic work group. I appreciate your leadership in the group, and all the success that the four of you had.

Oh, going to Finlad, eh? I Hope that what we have discussed in class will also help you through the long cold Finnish winter.

Best of luck on the path of your future!