Friday, February 20, 2009

Seriousness

I've been having so much fun in Finland.. packing my days with activities, doing groceries, cooking dinners, attending gatherings, meeting new people, sharing laughs.. not that i don't enjoy these things... but today's CG session stirred up something inside.. and i realise that i'm missing the serious bits of life that i've come to appreciate..

I miss sharing my life with my loved ones.. i really enjoy the company i have here in Finland.. but truth be told its not the same level.. I miss talking to people i love face to face.. not through skype..

I miss having your fingers between mine.. and your head on my shoulder..

I miss putting my arm around people and giving them a nice squeeze on the shoulder when i know they need it..

I miss asking things like "is there anything you would like to share with me?"

I miss having to find time to listen to someone share his/her burdens with me.. i might not have any advice to offer.. but i know that when i listen... nod my head, keep silent and just be there.. it helps..

I miss talking to people who can finish my sentences.. whom i can be totally comfortable and free with..

I miss praying with people..

I miss having people pray with me.. it makes a difference..

I miss sitting in church meetings.. coz i know we gather for a reason and that there is impact in we in what we decide..

I miss doing small things for people.. like giving them a lift.. simply coz i know they will appreciate it..

I miss saying "its ok.. its just a drink" over lunch..

In short.. i think i'm missing the depth of relationships.. i'm not the emo type at all..hehe.. though i might sound like it.. but if you can identify yourself in the list above.. would appreciate if you drop me a message somehow.. a comment or email maybe?? =)

I'm still gonna work hard and play hard here! But i now have things in a better perspective i think.. =) Having said all these.. i now need to say a big THANKS to everyone here in Helsinki.. whom i believe God has placed around me in His wisdom and purpose. You guys/girls have been wonderful new/old friends to me.. hope that i have been a friend to u too.. (yikes!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we miss u too...esp when we've lots to do & not enough pple!! haha...
as it is, i've already started to feel the 'pangs' of parting...and u hv to write a post like this!! :(
well, it's really when we're away tt we begin to realise these things, so, hope it'll make u cherish them more when u're back. and if u can, try develop some relationships of depth there too. it'll make it harder when u hv to leave, but, well, it'll definitely enrich ur life!
meanwhile, enjoy ur time there!!