Saturday, January 24, 2009

Updates

Thanks for reading my blog! I'm a bit humbled (just a bit) to see the numbers jump everytime i log in.. to know that so many people are interested and care enough for me to read my blog.. =) Thanks again!... I know i haven't blogged over the past 2 days.. I told u things will be different when school starts right? I have weekly assignments to do loh... well anyway..

My camera takes wonderful pictures.. but likes to throw tantrums once in a while when i am trying to transfer photos to my Macbook.. =)

So i'll have to wait till later before i can upload pictures of the Temppeliaukio Church i visited today.. my goodness its one of the most beautiful things i've seen in Finland.

Anyway i attended my first house party last night. This Polish girl invited Wei Sing (who was in her tutor group) who in turn invited us all.. It was the kind where you bring your own drinks and snacks and just hang out and meet people. Turns out that i meet more Singaporeans! Seriously there must be like 20 Singaporeans in Helsinki alone. =)

Other firsts last night:
1) 1st time walking into somebody's house only to realise we are at the wrong party
2) my 1st taste of Finnish Vodka
3) my 1st time having a French guy try to teach me vulgar french songs.. !

Pics from today's walkabout in Helsinki coming up soon.. =)

Tomorrow after church we'll be going down to a Chinese New Year celebration in Lasipalatsi Square organised by who-knows .. followed by a Singaporean+other Asians+a few others dinner gathering somewhere.. meanwhile.. heres wishing everyone a Happy and Prosperous Chinese New Year! God bless! =) Its the year of the Ox.. and i'm born in the year of the Ox.. which means i'm turning 24.. excellent!

No comments: