Monday, January 12, 2009

welcome to Helsinki


The flight to London took close to 14 hrs.. transited for abt 3 hrs then flew another 2 1/2 hrs to Helsinki..


Flying over continental Europe


I love airplane food.. my English Breakfast =)


Transiting in London-Heathrow.. taking a bus from Terminal 4 to 1


FinnAir to Helsinki!


I've arrived!


Student tutors from Helsinki University of Technology picking us up from the airport!
SEE HOW TALL THEY ARE


Everyone is really nice! Here's an account of my first 12 hrs in Helsinki.
-Kitty and Samuel (my tutors) drove us to the uni.
-Paid the deposit for the apartment, paid rent for January, paid fee to join Student Union (compulsory)
- Came to my room!
- Spent 1 hr frantically trying to contact the rest of my friends (i'll introduce u all to them soon) and unpacked a bit
- Called home, called Yuan
- Changed a jacket, added the beanie and gloves to my bag!
- Went to Shu Shan's room
- Found that Antonia lived a few doors down.
- Borrowed Lan Cable from her (thats y i can be online now.. thanks!!)
- Arranged to go with Weising and her tutors and Cindy and Antonia to Tapiola (someplace outside school where we can buy stuff)
- Bought pre-paid card, Pillow, Bedsheet, pillowcase + quiltcover + bottled water, bread, air freshener, toiletries..
- went for dinner.. had some kebab thing.. HUGE portions and quite ex
- came back.. showered.. talk to my bangla flat mate.. and i'm online now!

Basically the sun rises at 9am and the sun sets at 3.30pm.. today is considered a 'warm' day at 5 degrees.. but the wind at nite was chilling.. still can handle with my level 2 jacket haha.. and i'm gonna have Kaya for breakfast =) .. brought 1 Yakun bottle here.. need to ration!

going to do accounts and read bible before sleeping.. will show u all my room and my friends soon! =)



No comments: